Tuesday, 15 January 2013

Lately....

...I've been tiring of the rain, the last three days of solid rain has filled the tanks, now if it could kindly make it's way to the fire ravaged parts of Australia where it's really needed I'd be most grateful


...we've been enjoying an abundance of eggs - no-one told the chooks we weren't delivering our veggie boxes for four weeks so they've just carried on laying. Some days we've had eggs for breakfast, lunch and dinner, quiche and bacon & egg pie have been back on the menu. Normally the eggs are all presold and we only get the rejects but this year I plan to make sure we get a dozen first, then sell the rest. I must get on to buying more chooks.......



...we've been eating lots of cake - I've made this Fruit Crumble cake three times in the last week - twice with blueberries and once with apricots

 
...we've been making the most of the stone-fruit season, these are the apricots from our tree - they were delicious and all gone now for another year 


 

...I've been enjoying finding snippets of time for sewing here and there, sneaking in and shutting the door even because there's just no peace during the school holidays now is there?! In the last couple of weeks I've made this summer top for me, boxer shorts (just like his Dad's) for the farm-boy, and a reversible bucket hat - also for the farm-boy. I've got two hats to make now with detailed instructions from the girls - they're going to be one-of-a-kind, definitely not something you'd see in the store ahem....the sort of thing that will require a blog post all of their own.....

No comments:

Post a Comment