Monday, 14 January 2013

Summer fun


Having lived in London for nearly eight years, one of the things that I never fail to notice now we're home is the sea. We are really fortunate to live where we do, only 30 minutes drive from the capital city, ten minutes drive to a gorgeous swimming beach, and a mere two minutes from a tidal inlet. Before we went to London I  didn't appreciate where we lived, the sea and coast was just there, I was in too much of a hurry to notice the beauty of it. Life is still too hurried for my liking at times but without fail I soak it all in now, the variations from day to day, season to season are incredible.
  
It's school holidays here and needing to get out we headed to the inlet with our favourite people and the dogs. The kids love hanging out together and we don't see them nearly as often as we'd like. They had fun hunting for sea dwellers and this time they found a lot of tiny sea snails, the highlight though was spotting a stingray sunbathing in the shallows. The dogs had a great time swimming for sticks and doing their doggie things, and I really enjoyed hanging out with my bestie. A lovely way to spend a summer's morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment