Wednesday, 23 January 2013

Yarn-Along


I've been knitting this Tea Leaves for quite some time, and it's been hibernating for quite some time as well. You see I cast it aside when I fell in love with the Mae Shrug at the end of Spring. Thinking Mae would be more wearable for summer I quickly knit to the beginning of the first sleeve of my Tea Leaves then consigned it to the bottom of my knitting basket.  Now with my Mae Shrug off the needles, I've come back to it and after a few car journeys I am nearly finished the second sleeve. The yarn is Harvest in a gorgeous heathered green bought from Holland Road Yarn Company in Petone. It's lovely to knit with and will be nice and warm for the cooler evenings ahead.



We visited the library again yesterday and I came home with a good stack of books, there's knitting, photography, English grammar, detective stories and magazines. I've put Simplicity Parenting to one side for now, I'm finding it hard going at night but hopefully I'll pick it up again when the kids are all back at school next week, I'm looking forward to some peace and quiet! I've started Eats, Shoots and Leaves - The Zero Tolerance Approach to Punctuation and I'm finding it very amusing, laughing out loud in parts even. I used to be an editor in my previous life (before kids that is) and I do get very annoyed when I see signs with terrible spelling or punctuation so this book is right up my alley. I'm not saying my spelling or punctuation is perfect, far from it! It seems that side of my brain hasn't returned to fully functional yet....this blogging is sure to help.



Joining in with Ginny and looking forward to seeing what everyone else is up to.  


1 comment:

  1. the sweater looks gorgeous. and i LOVE alexander mccall smith!

    ReplyDelete