Wednesday, 2 January 2013

Yarning along

 
Joining in with Ginny's Yarn Along for the first time. I love knitting and have recently come back to reading again after a long period of not being able to concentrate on much more than a glossy magazine. Visiting the yarn along blogs has given me a lot of books to add to my ever-growing reading list, thank goodness I've got a great local library! At the moment I'm reading Claire Tomalin's Jane Austen - A Life but finding it a bit hard going at the end of the day so I'm flicking through Frankie when I'm not quite in the mood for it. I'm also working my way through Bill Bryson's The Short History of Nearly Everything audio book - fascinating stuff and I get a wee thrill every time he mentions New Zealand.
 
Knit-wise I'm on the home stretch of my Mae Shrug. I'm knitting it in the lovely Fyberspates Scrumptious yarn, it's a silk merino blend in the most gorgeous teal-blue, I can't wait to wear it! Last year was definitely my year of selfish knitting so this year I plan to share the knitting love a bit more. I see two  cardigans on the horizon for my big girls and something for my wee man,  my dearest friend has been talking about lacey scarves, and a special friend in the UK is having her first baby in February - that'll keep me busy!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment