Wednesday, 13 February 2013

Yarn Along


I am so close to finishing my Tea Leaves, I'm just picking up the stitches for the front bands then I'll be done. I've been itching to begin my next project but I've resisted the lure so far, I know I'll be grateful for the warmth of a finished cardigan in the coming weeks.

I have bought the yarn for my next project however, my best friend has requested a lacy scarf in cream and I hope to have it finished in time for her birthday. The yarn I chose is Haven 100% NZ Merino in cream (her choice), it's so lovely and soft it'll be perfect next to her skin. The pattern is proving a little more difficult to decide on, there are soooo many possibilities in these three books I have out of the library, not to mention the multitude on Ravelry! Luckily I have a little more time to decide, I hope to have it all settled on by the time I sew the ends in on my Tea Leaves.

In other reading, I'm onto the third book of Alexander McCall Smith's No 1 Ladies Detective Agency series - Morality For Beautiful Girls. They are such quick easy books to read which is perfect since I've  had quite a few late nights recently watching Lark Rise to Candleford on DVD, I love a good BBC period drama and the knitting is so gorgeous - I see a shawl in my project queue this winter!

Joining in with Ginny.

No comments:

Post a Comment