Wednesday, 20 February 2013

Yarn Along

My Tea Leaves is off the needles and awaiting having its ends sewn in, blocking and button choosing - hurray, I'm so pleased to have it finished!

I've been deliberating over a pattern for the birthday present scarf for quite some time but looking at Ginny's scarf last week decided it for me. I've cast-on the Old Shale Scarf by Tiennie, and I'm knitting it on bigger needles to give it a more open lighter look, it's not like we have terribly cold winters here after all. It should go faster too. Since it's cream I decided I needed a wee drawstring bag to keep it clean in so I whipped up something colourful using this fabric from my stash -  now I can take it anywhere.


 
I finished Morality for Beautiful Girls last night and am pondering having a wee break from Alexander McCall Smith, I'm hesitating because there's only one more book in the series... can I go just one more?? I'm having trouble working out what to read next though so I'll have a look around the Yarn Along posts to see if anything catches my eye and is immediately available at the library. Decisions decisions!

Joining in with Ginny.

3 comments:

  1. that scarf is going to be lovely, so lacy and delicate. <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, I love how it looks complicated but is actually super easy :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. really like the scarf. It feels so good to have it turn out so nice! Sometimes I stall on what book to read next...even with a stack on the nightstand that could tip over and knock me unconscious!!
    Happy knitting and reading.

    ReplyDelete