Sunday, 17 March 2013

11/52




"A portrait of my children, once a week, every week, in 2013" via Che and Fidel.

I don't have many photos of the kids on my camera this week, there are a lot of photos of
tomatoes though but they won't really do will they! So, I snapped these just now while they (and I) were enjoying a moment of peace on this showery day, the girls were watching a movie and Marcus was playing Snap with himself.

And yes it's raining, I honestly can't remember when it rained last. The whole of the North Island is declared to be in drought now and while it's cheering to see the grass wet, sadly the fleeting light showers we've had today will not make a jot of difference. I really feel for the famers whose livelihood for the year has literally turned to dust, and  I worry about how we're going to get our livestock through the winter ahead without the growth of grass much needed at this time of year.






5 comments:

  1. Hooray for rain! Hopefully it pours a little more heavily and stays around for a whole lot longer. We are on the East cape and I'm hoping for some. My poor gardens need it! Beautiful photos of your 3. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) I hope some rain has arrived for you. It rained pretty much all day yesterday and all night so that's great for us who use tank water but apparently it's done more harm than good for the town supply. Hope you have a lovely week too!

      Delete
    2. Hi Julie, thanks for stopping by my blog. I read alot of great Australian blogs too, so you are right it is always nice to find another like minded Kiwi one. Following you now. xo

      Delete
  2. i loved the sweetness of these pictures and the choice to put them in sepia. I just linked them as my favorite ones of the last week (i'm in jodi's project too).
    I live in Italy (in the north) and now it's kind of rain season here... you're looking for some rain and i really really want the summer!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Barbara, thank you so much, that's really special given how many there are to choose from! Italy is my most favourite country in Europe, I have such fond memories of the people, villages, warmth, food, and pace of life. You can send your rain here if you like :)

      Delete