Friday, 8 March 2013

A knitted gift

 
 
 
I love knitting for babies, their clothing is so teeny it takes hardly any time at all to conjure up a garment out of a ball of yarn. The Milo pattern by the talented Georgie Hallam of Tikki Knits is my go-to new baby knit. I love all the different variations you can do with the cable section. I've mostly stuck to true cables but for this wee vest I knitted the hearts pattern and I love it, it's so pretty, perfect for a baby girl. I'm not really one to knit in baby colours, I much prefer the stronger colours and this beautiful red seemed just perfect for the wee girl I had in mind.  The yarn I used is Willow by Zealana. This is the first time I've knitted with this yarn, I found it at Holland Road Yarn Company in Petone and I'm impressed, it's a NZ merino cashmere mix and it feels so soft and has a lovely drape. And if that wasn't enough, it's machine washable, just perfect for a new mum.

And so, with some pretty wrapping and a card handmade by my girls, this wee vest will wing its way to England where it will be delivered in person (not by me unfortunately) to my good friend Suzanne for her brand new baby girl Skylar. I hope they love it as much as me.

No comments:

Post a Comment