Wednesday, 6 March 2013

Yarn Along


There's something new on the needles this week. A lovely friend of mine in the UK has just had her first baby and with Anthony travelling there this weekend I thought I'd just have enough time to knit a wee Milo for her. I love this wee vest pattern, it's a quick knit and is really cute, not to mention versatile with all the different cabling options. Everyone I've gifted it to has really and truly loved it, it's not one of those knitted items that you feel the need to hide at the back of the drawer... everyone's done that before right?! In my haste I borrowed this yarn from the balls I have had sitting here for Ella's winter cardigan. It's a gorgeous soft NZ merino and cashmere blend and I love that it's made here in New Zealand too.

In reading news, I've finished with Alexander McCall-Smith and have been dipping in and out of Growing Great Girls by Ian and Mary Grant. I'm in need of some parenting wisdom, I'm finding eight year old girls quite a challenge at the moment! I've also been enjoying the latest Mollie Makes magazine and getting some gardening inspiration from the trusty NZ Gardener Magazine.

Joining in with Ginny again and looking forward to checking out what everyone else has been working on and reading.

1 comment:

  1. That book looks interesting thanks for the suggestion! I like the color you are using!

    ReplyDelete