Thursday, 11 April 2013

Yarn Along

Thirteen hours flying time through the day, sounds like I'd have gotten a lot of knitting done doesn't it? Well unfortunately the answer is no, two inches in fact was all I had to show for the entire trip. A combination of things conspired against my needles, the first was my inability to remember how to do M1L and M1R increases, the second was a bad feeling about the pattern and yarn match, and the third was a very bored five year-old boy.... say no more!

I bought the yarn with the Boneyard Shawl pattern in mind (see here) but I really didn't like the way it was knitting up. I love the pattern and I love the yarn, I just didn't love them together. So, after some serious researching on Ravelry I decided to cast-on another Honey Cowl, and I'm really loving how it's looking. I've had quite a lot of knitting time in the early hours of the morning while the kids have still been adjusting to Tokyo time so it was growing quite quickly but I realised on Monday that I'd twisted the stitches (multiple times) when I joined them, so it was ripped back and I've started again. I bought the bag in the background from an arcade in Asakusa, it depicts autumn on one side and spring on the other, it makes a perfect project bag.



I'm almost finished The Book Thief, it's so beautifully written and very thought provoking. It's set in Nazi Germany so not the lightest of subject matters. We visited Dachau (which the book mentions) when we stayed in Munich and it still sends shivers down my spine remembering it, what a sad place.  On a much lighter note the Lonely Planet Tokyo guide is never far from hand, it's proving very useful for navigating the craziness that is Tokyo!

Joining in with Ginny again....

1 comment:

  1. Looks like excellent stitch choice. I love the texture. I also love the variegated yarn but have found it challenging to make a good stitch yarn match. Letting the yarn speak for itself has proven to be the most successful otherwise I feel like I prefer the yarn in the hank rather than on my needles!

    ReplyDelete