Wednesday, 17 April 2013

Yarn Along


It's growing this Honey Cowl of mine. I'm a bit worried that it's not going to be long enough to double up like the other one I knitted, it's a shame I didn't use Ravelry to keep track of my projects back then. It's knitting up beautifully though, I'm so happy with the texture and colour of it.

I finished reading The Book Thief last week, although I bawled my eyes out at the end I would recommend it, it was so beautifully written. I've moved onto something a lot lighter now, my lovely husband bought me a Japanese cookbook when we arrived, luckily it's written in English too so I've been able to make a few dishes. The challenge has been finding the ingredients on the supermarket shelves!  I've also started reading Lady Audley's Secret by Mary Elizabeth Braddon, it's a Penguin Classic and I honestly chose it because of the cover, it's been a long time since I bought a book and I was a bit overwhelmed at the bookshop!  I'm only a few chapters in but I'm already lost in the period drama.

I'm joining in with Ginny and looking forward to checking out what everyone else has been up to.

2 comments:

  1. WHat great yarn! I did a cowl to double first this winter, then my next one I just did it to be a pullover single size. Like that one just as much. Can't wait to see the finish of yours..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your honey cowl is looking amazing. I've always wanted to try this pattern. Never tried a cowl yet, but I always seem to put myself last for projects.

    ReplyDelete