Thursday, 9 May 2013

Yarn Along


I've been a bit frustrated on the knitting front, I've stalled a bit on Ella's cardigan as I keep forgetting to get her to try on the sleeve, I always remember when she's tucked up in bed for the night. I'm worried that it's a bit small on her and I'm considering undoing the bottom band and kitting it a bit longer....why do I make things so difficult for myself sometimes?
I haven't picked up my cowl lately either as I'm a bit concerned that it won't have enough length to double round my neck....but last night I took a deep breath, knitted a few more rows and I'm bravely forging ahead with a sewn bind-off. I've got my fingers crossed it'll work.


I love books, real books, the kind made of paper that makes a sound when you turn a page. When ebooks came out I vowed and declared that I would never ever read a book electronically. Turns out I was a bit hasty... Anthony bought a Tablet home from Japan and I've had a bit of fun in the Kindle store. How cool is it to see a book mentioned on a blog only to have it in your hot little hands a matter of minutes later. Oh my goodness what a revelation! Fiona at Innerpickle mentioned reading Greenhorns the other day and it sounded like my kind of book. And it is, a book of 50 essays written by new farmers about their experiences, fascinating and very inspiring.

Joining in with Ginny again

No comments:

Post a Comment