Friday, 7 June 2013

A Butterfly Hat

Thank goodness for knitting. It's magic really, as stitch by stitch, row by row, something useful and beautiful appears from a ball of yarn and two sticks. Knitting has been a crutch for me in the last few weeks, there's been a lot of worrying, sitting and waiting. Having something to occupy my hands and my mind, something productive to focus on has made it just that little bit easier.  Now more than ever I am so very grateful for this skill my patient grandmother taught me and the passion that drives me on from project to project.





I have made a hat for Lucia, she was the only one in the family that didn't get a hat last year so it was long overdue. It's the Butterfly hat and was a quick and easy knit. She loves it and I love that she loves it :) My beautiful girl has developed a dislike of seeing herself in photos with her glasses on, I think someone at school has said something mean to her about her glasses...grrr - eight year old girls can be so nasty! If her eyesight wasn't so bad I wouldn't worry so much but she does really need to wear them.



I've still been busy working on my Shaelyn shawl, I'm on the last few rows but I keep mucking up the lace pattern. This last bit has required a bit too much concentration from me and it's the third time I've had rip it back.....I'm determined to get it right though and will sneak in a bit of early morning knitting to get it sorted.

1 comment: