Wednesday, 5 June 2013

Pause

I haven't been here in this little space of mine for a while, it's not that I haven't got anything to say, I do, I have finished things I want to show you! It's more that I have something difficult to say, something that has had such an impact on my life these past two weeks that it doesn't feel right to carry on here and leave it unsaid. Two weeks ago today my lovely Dad was admitted to hospital, it turns out he has a brain tumour. After a successful operation last week he is recovering well and is home again. Now we wait for an appointment with the Oncologist to see what the next steps are. He is an incredibly brave man and I am so proud of him, and I am so grateful for his stubborn streak, he's a fighter if ever there was one. It really makes you stop and think about what's important in life, family is right up there on my list right now, it's so easy to take things and people for granted. I am lucky to have and so thankful for the support of my wonderful and understanding husband, my family, and a core group of special friends. We will get through this, taking each day at a time.

2 comments:

  1. Sending you lots of love at this difficult time. You will find an inner strength that you never knew was there. xo

    ReplyDelete