Friday, 5 July 2013

Yarn-Along


There's been a lot of knitting happening lately and I have a few things off the needles I need to show you but I don't have photos of them yet, I'll save that for another day. Yesterday morning I went to my wee local library's very first Yarn Time meeting, there were only four of us plus the librarian  but I didn't think that was too bad for the first meeting. It was fun talking about what we were working on and hearing people's stories about how they started knitting. I took my two-at-a-time socks I've just started on, it's been quite exciting for me to learn a new way of knitting socks and I'm quite keen to get these off the needles and on to my feet, it's been cold here!  I'm knitting the Seagrass pattern from Melissa Morgan-Oakes' Toe-Up 2-at-a-Time Socks in this bright semi-solid green yarn that I received in the Vintage Purls Winter Sock Club a few years ago.

I've been enjoying these two Issues of Country Life magazine that a good friend dropped in for me the other day, they came with a jar of Lemon Ginger concentrate which really made my day. I've also started Shannon Hayes' Making Home: Adapting Our Homes and Our Lives to Settle in Place which I'm finding really interesting. Sometimes I need a reminder to focus on where we are at now, to be happy with things as they are, to stop the "if only" talk in my head.....it's a work in progress!

Joining in with Ginny again....
 

1 comment:

  1. you have a great blog ^ ^
    you want to follow each other?
    follow me and let me know with a comment
    and follow you too :))


    kisses
    http://lemonchicbeautyfashion.blogspot.it/

    ReplyDelete