Wednesday, 10 July 2013

Yarn Along


I'm making slow progress on the socks, mainly because I've been busy sewing. Some of the sewing was knitting related though, how satisfying for one craft to compliment the other. I am a big fan of Knit Picks interchangeable needles and by buying tips and cables here and there as they've been needed, I've got a good set of them now. My problem however was keeping them organised... I was forever sifting through my knitting basket looking for matching tips, not to mention buying duplicates! I did a bit of pinterest surfing, settled on a design, chose my fabrics and voila, this is what I whipped up. I LOVE it!



Back to the socks....I've finished my first pattern repeat and I'm happy with how they are going so far. I've spent a bit of time on Ravelry searching for a vest pattern for Marcus, I want it to have a ribbed v neck but surprisingly I cannot find a pattern...this is the first time Ravelry has let me down! If you can point me in the direction of a pattern for a size 4 or 5 vest I'd be most appreciative! Perhaps I should have a go at making up a pattern myself....

And on to books....I've been reading Friends, Lovers, Chocolate by Alexander McCall Smith. I enjoyed the first novel in the series (The Sunday Philosophy Club) and this is proving a good easy read too. I'm still diving in and out of Shannon Hayes book I wrote about last week also, like with crafting, I like to have a few books on the go so I can pick and choose what suits my mood.

I'm joining in with Ginny again.

3 comments:

  1. That's an impressive bit of sewing!

    Do you fancy making me a case for my - standard - knitting needles? No harm in asking, right? ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. No harm at all :) I've just been admiring your crocheted string bags, maybe we could do a swap?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. love that sewing, how clever and the green wool is exactly the colour of my next hair adventure!!! xxx

    ReplyDelete