Monday, 13 January 2014
It's been a while so I thought I'd just jump right in and join Emily at The Beetleshack with some snippets from our week. Here goes:
1. Our first apples of the season, we've got to be quick to beat the birds so they're a bit tart. I made an apple shortcake yesterday and I'll stew the rest up today.
2. Strawberry jam and tomato relish, the relish didn't work very, it's a bit overcooked I think but the strawberry jam is the best
3. Hydrangeas are one of my favourite flowers, shame they don't last more than a few days cut
4. The caravan is shaping up well, all the cabinets are made and it's almost ready for painting. Time for me to get cracking on the pretty things, I'm making some cushion covers with these fabrics
5. My favourite place to sit inside, especially when everyone else is outside...
6. Cousins we wish we saw more of
7. Biker girls with their Dad. Uncle Warren brought the motocross bikes down and the girls had a blast tearing around up at the Green Hutt in the Akatarawas. They had so much fun they want their own bikes now?! I need some convincing...
8. The end of a hot day, cooling off in the river